Call for Speakers Guidelines
Deadline: April 20, 2018
PCI Magazine and the Chicago Society for Coatings Technology (CSCT) invite you to submit an abstract for consideration to speak at the 2018 Coatings Trends & Technologies conference taking place September 11-12, 2018 in Rosemont, IL.
Our mission is to provide coatings chemists, formulators and R&D personnel with the latest research and actionable solutions to improve their formulations.
What we are looking for:
- New technology– have you developed new products or technology-based processes that have the potential to transform the industry?
- Innovative findings/applications of existing technology – have you discovered new ways to use existing technologies to improve coatings formulations?
Abstracts that have or will be presented at another conference prior to CTT will not be considered unless modified. Sales pitches and/or product-centric presentations will not be considered.
Who should submit an abstract:
Raw material and equipment suppliers, market research firms, consultants and educators/students who can clearly and effectively share their scientific/research findings and offer useable takeaways in 30 minutes.
Sponsoring or exhibiting companies are not guaranteed a speaking time - same process applies.
We seek topics on:
- Additive Innovations – antimicrobials/biocides, adhesion promoters, dispersants, etc.
- Resin Technology – epoxy, acrylic, silicone, urethane, polyols, etc.
- Pigments – organic, inorganic, effect, pearlescent, carbon black, TiO2, fillers, etc.
- Low/Zero-VOC Waterborne and Solventborne Technology
- UV/EB Technology
- Green Chemistry
- Weathering Technology
- Floor Coatings – wood, concrete, etc.
- Powder Coatings
- Smart/Multifunctional Coatings
- Corrosion-Control Technology
- Architectural Coatings
- Industrial Coatings
- Biobased/Sustainable Technology
- Industry/Market Trends
- Regulatory Issues – compliance, reformulating, etc.
- Latest Developments in Manufacturing, Testing and Curing Equipment
- Mergers and Acquisitions
Terms of submission:
- Abstract should begin by identifying a current trend in the coatings industry that the presentation will address.
- Speaker agrees not to use any trade names, product names or company advertising in abstract or presentation slides.
- Speaker must be available to present on either Tuesday 9/11 or Wednesday 9/12 without conflict.
- Speaker responsible for own travel expenses (discount hotel rate available). .
- Accepted speakers receive (1) complimentary registration
All abstracts MUST be submitted online. Emailed abstracts will not be accepted.
Submission deadline: April 20, 2018
Questions? Kristin Johansson, Editor, PCI Magazine at Kristin@pcimag.com